Business Development Specialist
Job Title: Business Development Specialist
Job Classification: Full Time – Exempt
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Business Development
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando (HCCMO) is the largest business-related organization representing the Hispanic community in Central Florida. Since 1993, the HCCMO has represented the interest of Hispanic small business owners and professionals.
The HCCMO is a mission driven organization. Our mission is to drive economic growth by strengthening Hispanic business in Central Florida. Our Vision is to be the leading voice of Hispanic business impacting the economic, civic and social landscape.
The Business Development Specialist is responsible for identifying, attracting, and acquiring new business for the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Metro Orlando. The person in this role must develop and execute strategies to recruit and retain members, as well as generate new revenue streams through the chamber’s different programs and events. This position demands the highest standards of professional conduct at all times including use of ethical sales techniques.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develop and implement strategies, policies & procedures that produce measurable improvements of the organization’s membership growth and retention.
- Secure new chamber members and grow the organization according to pre-determined goals and objectives.
- Create, manage, and execute a membership retention plan.
- Create and maintain a list of prospective chamber members, trustees, and sponsors.
- Work in collaboration with the marketing department to develop sales and marketing tactics to drive retention and revenue growth.
- Assist in the retention process by calling or collecting past due or delinquent accounts.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with the organization’s stakeholders, including but not limited to board members, sponsors, ambassadors, trustees, members, leads groups, and the community.
- Develop and execute strategies for selling the chamber’s products and services such as media kits and sponsorships.
- Develop sponsorship proposal materials and presentations. Follow up on pending proposals.
- Develop and communicate clear performance metrics. Regularly and systematically appraise and evaluate results against metrics and organizational objectives to deliver optimal performance.
- Attend internal and external meetings and events as required.
- Lead by example and demonstrate actions that are ethically and morally consistent with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce mission and core values.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field with business acumen or a highly effective combination of related education and work experience.
- Candidate must be fully bilingual and be able to communicate effectively in English and Spanish.
- Proven track record of achieving and exciding sales quota.
- Supply management with reports on sales/retention activities within schedule.
- Familiar with CRM systems, Chamber Master a plus.
- Minimum of five years of experience in business development, sales, or comparable position. Experience working with membership-based organizations or non-profits is preferred.
- Demonstrated work experience in leading successful business development results.
- Strong leadership skills and professionalism.
- Experience working with business professionals at different organizational levels.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with public relations, communications, and marketing campaigns.
- Excellent communication (verbal & written), presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of MS office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Flexibility and ability to work under changing priorities and a sense of urgency at all times.
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license with good driving record required.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is performed in and outside of the office. The job requires periods of sitting in front of a computer and long periods of standing during Chamber events.
- The job requires moving between rooms and buildings, traveling off-site to visit members and prospects, and attending chamber events. This may result in increased exposure to extremes in temperature.
- Must be available and willing to travel to different locations and counties, and with such frequency as HCCMO determines it is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs.
- The job involves frequent staff contact as well as a protracted concentration under conditions that can be described as fast-paced, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Base Salary plus Commission
- Opportunity to receive Bonus based on performance
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance 100%
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Commission pay
All members and employees are required to wear masks
- On the road
- Temporarily due to COVID-19