Orlando, FL • The Catholic Foundation of Central Florida
As an integral part of The Foundation’s Data team, the Gift Manager supports the proper documentation of charitable gifts by sharing in the timely maintenance of all donor records in Raiser’s Edge including NXT and Online Express; fostering and maintaining high-touch relationships with donors, priests, parish staffs, and volunteers; and maintaining consistent cross-training activities with the Data team.
The Diocese of Orlando and The Catholic Foundation of Central Florida core values lay the foundation for the work performed by our employees.
The Diocese of Orlando values:
1. Authenticity: Conviction that God has called us to reflect exteriorly our inner life of faith in our daily living.
2. Respect: Affirming each person’s God-given dignity and uniqueness.
3. Courage: Inspired by this gift of the Holy Spirit, we proclaim and live the Word of God fearlessly and devotedly.
4. Commitment: Individually and collectively, we are steadfast to the team and its purpose.
The Catholic Foundation of Central Florida values:
- Faith-filled passion: We nurture our faith to inspire others to transform lives through charitable giving.
- Collaboration: Through partnerships, we leverage community resources to maximize impact.
- Stewardship: We recognize that all gifts are from God and we are called to honor donor intentions and use prudence to return gifts with increase.
- Transparency: We are open and honest in our communications to provide access to information.
- Servant Leadership: We listen and learn from our community and invest in initiatives to meet their needs.
- Impact: We engage donors in serving the needs of our community and advancing ministries of the Catholic Church.
- Inputs, validates, and posts pledges and cash payments accurately for constituents in Raisers Edge.
- Collaborates with chancery staff on timely synchronization and parishioner updates.
- Imports lockbox gifts daily and reconciles all gifts from exceptions report.
- Prepares weekly deposits for all monies received and deposits funds into appropriate bank account.
- Manages all credit card gifts to include pledges, one-time gifts, monthly transmissions of all credit card/direct debit payments, reconciliation of all exceptions & declines, refunds, chargebacks and necessary communication with donors.
- Works directly with parish contacts in the training and processing of campaign redemption.
- Completes Raisers Edge “actions” as needed and specifically on delinquency notices and batch payments in Raisers Edge.
- Collaborates with Community and Donor Services as well as Accounting/Finance teams and other staff as needed to perform tasks.
- Assists with special events & projects as assigned.
- Continuously improves operations by analyzing results, monitoring accuracy, identifying trends and recommending actions to management.
- Provides exceptional service to internal and external customers on the phone, in email and in person.
- Maintains confidentiality and security of donor and financial information.
- Embraces the Foundation’s mission and vision and is an example of the organizational values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three to five (3-5) years of data entry experience.
- Associates degree required in Computer Science, Business or similar field of study, Bachelor’s degree preferred; or three years of equivalent work experience.
- At least one-year experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge, NXT and Online Express, or comparable donor/constituency relationship manager software.
- High degree of computer literacy, especially Microsoft Word and Excel, Access a plus.
- Must be highly organized, accurate and detail oriented, with ability to analyze complex data.
- Experience in a business or non-profit business work environment.
- Professional written and oral communications and interpersonal skills, including excellent collaboration skills.
- Possess demonstrated ability to work in a church-related as well as service-oriented and collaborative environment with commitment to partners and team members. Ability to work with diverse groups of people in an atmosphere of collaboration and service.
- Community or Catholic Foundation or diocesan experience a plus.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and set priorities.
- Solution oriented and able to maintain the goodwill and reputation of the team.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Must be an active Christian; active Catholic preferred.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required for special events, meetings, travel, etc.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common journals, articles, and periodicals.
- Must have outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to apply routine mathematical concepts such as addition, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Position requires walking, sitting for extended periods of time, bending, stretching, and stooping. Repeated use of hands, fingers, wrists, and arms.
- Must be able to see up close as well as from afar.
- Job incumbent must also possess the ability to hear and communicate both verbally and in writing, in person and via telephone and electronic communications.