Director, Network & Infrastructure
Join Our Team.
Valencia College is hiring a Director, Network & Infrastructure to join the Technology Infrastructure / Security team. The candidate selected for the position will provide vision, leadership, expertise and creativity to support and develop the College telecom and network infrastructure and related services.
This position works closely with OIT leadership and college administrators to further the mission of the College by providing a stable, secure, and reliable network infrastructure. The position also leads the Network Infrastructure Services (NIS) team collectively responsible for the installation, maintenance and overall technical administration of College telecom and network infrastructure, as well as the services that support these functions.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
Join one of the largest community colleges in Florida, recognized as one of “The Great Colleges to Work For” by The Chronicle of Higher Education, and the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, a combination of education and experience may be substitutable [required]
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience in a team-based environment [required]
- Experience with network administration processes particularly with a strong security awareness and focus. Experience adapting and implementing industry best practices into network infrastructure work [required]
- Experience with the following protocols/technologies: TCP/IP, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, TFTP, Telnet, NAT, VPN and MPLS [required]
- Experience with IT processes and controls development and implementation [preferred]
- Experience with risk and control frameworks e.g. NIST, ISO, and CIS Critical Security Controls [preferred]
- Experience with telecommunication (VoIP) switches, telephone moves, adds and changes [preferred]
- Please Click Here for a complete job description.
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Location: FL based - Orlando, FL 32811 - West Campus
* This position is not classified as online, remote or virtual
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Technology Infrastructure/Security
Closing Date: Friday, April 30, 2021
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with your resume to be considered for this position.
To apply please visit: https://valenciacollege.peopleadmin.com/postings/12579
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.