Director, Information Security Operations
Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a strategic, innovative, and collaborative Director of Information Security Operations join our Technology Infrastructure/Security Team.
In this role as the Director of Information Security Operations, you will be responsible for providing vision, leadership and expertise to develop and support information security management, operation, and tactical controls. This position serves as the expert on cyber security protection, detection, response and recovery. This position will work closely with OIT leadership to identify and assess information security risks and assist with the development and operationalization of information security risk management strategies and plans.
We're not just any college. And you're just not any employee. You're someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our community, and, ultimately, our world.
Join an organization committed to helping students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools, and the right support. Take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in technical or business discipline. [required].
- Significant and progressive experience in the IT industry, in an information security role [required].
- Experiencing managing an IT team [required].
- Experience with common information security frameworks, such as NIST CSF, ISO 2700x, CIS Critical Security Controls [required].
- Experience with performing risk, business impact, control and vulnerability assessments, and defining treatment strategies [required].
- Experience with implementing projects in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including, but not limited to, GDPR, HIPAA, FERPA, GLBA, Florida Information Protection Act, Red Flags, and other industry-specific obligations such as PCI-DSS [required].
- Appropriate certifications in information security, audit, and/or risk management, eg: Current CISSP, CISM, CISA [preferred].
- Experience working with legal, audit, and compliance staff to identify and manage risk and IT security concerns [preferred].
- Experience developing and maintaining IT policies, procedures, standards and guidelines [preferred].
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please Click Here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS) membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
Location: FL based - Orlando, FL 32811 - West Campus
* This position is not classified as online, remote or virtual
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Technology Infrastructure/Security
Closing Date:Open Until Filled
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.