The Director of Commerce, Programs & Operations is responsible for carrying out the mission of the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce through sound operations, events, programs, and services. Develops and executes the operational strategies necessary to achieve the mission-focused goals and objectives established by the President and the Board. This role drives innovation, fosters collaborations, and will position the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce as the catalyst for transforming lives and strengthening the Hispanic community in Orlando and the surrounding areas. This position reports to the President.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide overall leadership and strategic direction of operations and the existing events and programs to promote commerce, assessing their effectiveness and enhancing efficiencies. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs and leads operations staff in the planning, development and implementation of new program initiatives and activities.
- Oversee operations and program staff. Oversee human resources in the effective execution of the HR function, including administration, compliance, and talent development and training. Oversee IT, including the administration, support, and maintenance of chamber documentation (i.e., Web site domains, SunBiz filing, etc.).
- Responsible for ensuring a balanced operational budget through sustainable membership and program revenue growth and purposeful expense management. Prepares and administers the approved annual operating budget, monitors fiscal management objectives and performance and takes appropriate action to correct any variances.
- Develop and implement strategies, policies & procedures that produce measurable improvements in operational and programs results, as well as the performance of the organization and contracted business and events and program functions.
- Manage and oversee all planning and logistics for conferences, events, and programs. Coordinate with all stakeholders (internal and external) for successful outcomes. Negotiate contracts and evaluate options with a variety of vendors for events and arrange for all related services with vendors, such as decorators, venues, audio‐visual needs, transportation, signage, entertainment, etc.
- Coordinate with appropriate individuals to develop and monitor timelines and deadlines related to all aspects of events, ensuring the information is communicated with staff, volunteers, contractors, and other constituents.
- Participate in the program development goals that will ensure the delivery of mission-driven quality standards, the achievement of organizational goals, and financial stability in serving members and the Hispanic community. Assists the President in the planning and formulation of the long-range objectives of the organization and in the development and implementation of strategies designed to meet membership growth and retention goals.
- Establish and execute operational planning thorough risk assessment, requirements development, cost projection processes before project start; establishing member-centric communication methods; and maintaining consistent change management practices to minimize multi-team impacts.
- Develop and communicate clear performance metrics. Regularly and systematically appraise and evaluate results against metrics and organizational objectives to deliver optimal operating performance.
- Review existing operations and activities and, where necessary, make appropriate changes that achieve operational and cost improvements. Initiate and implement process improvement strategies relating to workflow, quality of programming, safety, and experience.
- Oversee risk management initiatives and ensures policies and procedures are consistently followed maintaining a safe and productive environment for staff, members, and member and programs participants.
- Assist in obtaining grant opportunities and assist in the preparation of grant applications.
- Support the President in maintaining strong relations between the Chamber and other agencies, governmental entities, and other Chambers of Commerce to create strategic partnerships and on-going relationships. Manages relationships, both internally and externally, to support organizational goals. Represent the Chamber at community and governmental events and programs. Coordinate work with other community agencies to provide public services. Maintain excellent communication skills with event and programming stakeholders, including sponsors, trustees, and Board of Directors.
- Be knowledgeable of governmental legislation, taxation, and other fiscal matters to understand the effect on community interests and make recommendations based on organizational policy.
- Demonstrating by example, must lead the staff in an ethical and moral manner consistent with the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce mission and core values.
- Other duties assigned by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Marketing or related field with business acumen or a highly effective combination of related education and work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in non-profit management, events, marketing, sales, or comparable leadership position. Experience working with Chambers or non-profits preferred.
- Demonstrated work experience successfully leading and managing conference/event coordination, program planning, and event management.
- Strong leadership skills and professionalism
- Demonstrated leadership and operational project management in managing operations and programs teams.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, including the board of directors, members, and community.
- Financial and budget management experience including setting and achieving revenue goals.
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Familiarity with public relations and marketing campaigns
- Personnel management including safeguarding and managing personnel records
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of -MS office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines and a sense of urgency at all times
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include occasional evenings and weekends.
- Experience with effective procurement practices and contract negotiation in a small to medium-sized organization.
- Fully bilingual (English and Spanish) preferred
Physical and Mental Demands
- This job may require sitting for extended periods of time, regularly using the computer for word processing and data entry.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This job also requires long periods of standing while at networking events.
- This position will require occasional driving to various locations within all seven (7) counties and sometimes throughout the State of Florida.
- Work is primarily performed in the business office. It is a well-lighted and adequately ventilated environment.
- The job requires long periods of sitting in front of a computer during the day to day operations of the chamber, and long periods of standing during Chamber events.
- The job requires moving between rooms and buildings and traveling off-site for chamber events, which may result in increased exposure to extremes in temperature.
- Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as HCCMO determines it is necessary or desirable to meet its business needs. The job involves frequent staff contact as well as a protracted concentration under conditions that can be described as fast-paced, and a strong sense of urgency.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- management and operations: 5 years (Required)
- Orlando, FL 32803 (Required)
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
APPLY HERE: https://www.indeed.com/job/director-commerce-programs-operations-ca4471a86460dadc