Professor and Extension Specialist, Mathematics
Join our Team!
Valencia College is seeking committed and passionate individuals to join our dedicated team as full time, annually appointed professors beginning Fall 2021, serving in this unique role of Professors and Extension Specialists, Mathematics- an educational partnership between the School District of Osceola County and Valencia College.
In this role, you will be primarily responsible for teaching mathematics for college readiness at a high school in Osceola County, as well as college-level mathematics courses at nearby Valencia College campuses.
As one of the largest community colleges in Florida, Valencia College helps shape the lives of more than 75,000 students each year. But it’s not our size that makes us great. It is our commitment to ensure that equal access to higher education belongs to everyone, because the future does, too.
Valencia’s students reflect the diversity of our service district, and the college is searching for faculty members who are deeply committed to valuing equity, viewing cultural and linguistic diversity as assets, and promoting inclusiveness.
We’re not just any college. And you‘re just not any employee. You’re someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our team, our community and, ultimately, our world.
If you want to play a role in shaping the future of students at one of the largest community colleges in Florida, the inaugural winner of the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence, take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A master’s degree or higher, from a regionally accredited institution with a major in mathematics, statistics, or engineering OR 18 graduate credit hours in mathematics or statistics and a master’s degree [required]
- Teaching experience in mathematics at the secondary and/or post-secondary level
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to undergraduate teaching and student-centered learning
- Experience working with students of various ages and cultural, socio-economic, and educational backgrounds
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals
To view the complete job description for this role, click here
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Flexible work schedule
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Endowed Chairs and Sabbatical leave
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more…Click here
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest-growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Closing date: Wednesday May 5th, 2021 at 7 PM EST
- For consideration, the following is required for all applicants including current Valencia employees:
- Cover letter and resume
- Completed on-line employment application; Include all applicable experience related to the position as it could affect compensation
- Learning-centered statement
- Unofficial transcripts (degree must be conferred by the time of hire). Be prepared to bring sealed official transcripts if selected for an interview. It is the applicant's responsibility to have any foreign transcripts evaluated prior to submission through an authorized evaluation service such as World Education Services.
- Letters of reference if available
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all