The Accounting Coordinator is responsible for maintaining the daily financial records of the company to include cash receipts, cash disbursements, and payroll. Additional responsibilities include timely reconciliations of financial accounts to ensure the accuracy of transactions. The position will also perform administrative duties for senior management and support general office activities including serving as the primary interface with the Philharmonic’s IT and telephone vendors.
Essential Job Functions
- Record all cash receipts and make timely bank deposits. Verify all receipts are recorded appropriately.
- Process invoices for payment following approved processes. Maintain vendor files and respond to vendor inquiries.
- Input bi-monthly time records for payroll.
- Process and reconcile company credit card charges.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end journal entries and reconciliations as necessary.
- Comply with established accounting policies and procedures.
- Assist with human resources functions as needed.
- Maintain/update Excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain an orderly filing system.
- Maintain office supplies and shared work areas.
- Interface with IT and telephone vendors as necessary. Maintain inventory of computer and telephone equipment owned by the Philharmonic with a rolling plan for replacement as equipment ages.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and in QuickBooks.
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience Required
- An associate’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- Accounting software experience using QuickBooks or a similar program.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Previous experience in a nonprofit environment preferred.
- Experience working with PC-based software, computers, and servers preferred.
Salary and Benefits
The Accounting Coordinator is a full-time, non-exempt, benefits-eligible position. The annual salary is $33–$38K, commensurate with experience and qualifications. OPO offers medical and vision insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and sick leave.
Application Instructions: Send resume, cover letter, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.