Faculty Developer/Instructional Designer
Join Our Team.
Valencia College is now hiring a is now hiring a resourceful, creative and dedicated Faculty Developer/Instructional Designer to join our Faculty Development team at the Poinciana Campus.
In this role, you will be responsible for serving as an internal consultant to faculty to conceptualize, design, develop, deliver, and assess high quality face-to-face, hybrid, and online courses. Partners with campus and college F&ID staff to develop and implement comprehensive, coordinated programs, curriculum, systems and support for faculty and instructional development that promote excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, technology and scholarship.
We're not just any college. And you're just not any employee. You're someone who is passionate about improving the lives of our students, our community, and, ultimately, our world.
Join an organization committed to helping students reach their full potential by providing them with the right opportunities, the right tools, and the right support. Take the first steps by completing and submitting an online application for this position. There are plenty of places to find employment, but at Valencia College, you'll find fulfillment.
At Valencia College, it’s more than just a job. We understand the importance of fostering a collaborative environment and achieving a true work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Master's degree from a regionally accredited institution or commensurate experience in an academic or training environment [required]
- Progressively responsible experience teaching in a higher education setting or commensurate experience [required]
- Experience in instructional design methodologies and course and curriculum design in all modalities (face-to-face, mixed-mode and online), including learning outcome development and curriculum alignment [required]
- Experience in the design, implementation, delivery and assessment of faculty development initiatives and programs
- Experience in mixed-mode and online teaching and/or training
- Experience in the effective use of educational technologies to support teaching and learning
- Experience in curriculum change or instructional design project management
- Experience in developing and/or facilitating faculty/staff professional development
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory experience
- Understanding and commitment to a learning-centered community college
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion.
Please Click Here for a complete job description.
Valencia’s Total Rewards package, features:
- Free medical, dental benefits and paid life insurance premiums
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida retirement membership
- YMCA membership benefits
- Educational and Professional development opportunities for you and your dependents and so much more….
Moreover, we believe you will appreciate the commitment to work-life balance plus the inspiring, motivating, and teamwork-oriented environment that we enjoy every day.
* This position is not classified as online, remote or virtual.
Valencia College has campuses conveniently located throughout Central Florida that are accessible by local freeways, expressways and surface streets. But the convenient commute is just part of the appeal.
As one of the fastest growing cities in America, Orlando offers just the right mix of laid-back Florida lifestyle and the amenities of a big city, making it a great place to live and work.
Department: Faculty Development PNC
Availability Requirements: Monday through Thursday, 9:00am to 6:00pm at Poinciana Campus and Friday 8:00am to 5:00 pm at the Osceola Campus
Salary: $47,722 – $57,863
Closing Date:Open Until Filled
If this opportunity sounds inspiring, please complete and submit an online application along with a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Valencia College is an equal opportunity institution. We provide equal opportunity for employment and educational services to all.